How much is the registration fee?
- Registration for the PhD Day costs €21.12. Early bird tickets will be sold at €15.88 (200 tickets are available). Both tickets include lunch, dinner and 1 drink. You may reclaim this via your own graduate school depending of course on your personal training budget and other regulations from your institution.
Can I claim back the travel costs?
- Unfortunately, we cannot reimburse your travel expenses, but some universities offer this possibility, so you should check with your own institution.
Where can I register?
- Once the registration is open, you will be able to sign up using the form available at the registration page or via the official Facebook event of the PhD Day.
When can I register?
- Registration is open now! You can register here. There are 200 early bird tickets available, get them while they last!
Do I need to print my ticket?
- No, you can enter the venue using the e-ticket on your smartphone or tablet (shouldn’t you have a suitable device, then you can print your PDF ticket).
Can I earn any credits?
- With just participating in the PhD Day you earn 1 ECTS* (check with your own institution to be sure)
- As a volunteer during the day you earn 2 ECTS* (check with your own institution to be sure)
- If you are a member of one of the organizing committees you earn 4 ECTS
- As member of the main organizing board you earn 6 ECTS
Do I receive a certificate of participation?
- Yes, all PhDs attending the event receive a certificate of participation, indicating all ECTS earned.
Do I have to prepare anything for the PhD day?
- You may read some background information on the speakers but there is no active preparation needed.
I am a Research Master student, can I join the event?
- Yes, Research Master students, especially those finding themselves at the end of their studies, are very welcome to attend the event.
I’m a first year PhD, is this event relevant for me?
- Absolutely, PhDs of all stages have relevance to the program since it is never too early to think about your future career opportunities and develop new and useful transferable skills.
- You are more than welcome to join for parts of the day. Please subscribe the regular way (we cannot give refunds for part of the day).
Where can I find the program?
- You can follow our program updates via social media and our website.
I have subscribed/registered but I changed my mind, can I get a refund?
- With a good reason you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic “refund ticket”, then please allow us some time to process your request.
- Transferal of tickets to someone else is not possible.
- We will be able to process refunds only up until 1 day before the event – the latest day to apply for a refund is 19th September 2019.
How can I volunteer?
- Register for the event in the regular way, during the procedure there will be an option to sign up as a volunteer. We will select the volunteers at the end of August/beginning of September. The ticket price of selected volunteers will be reimbursed and they will earn 2 ECTS. (ECTs for this year might still change)
Are all the workshops and lectures in English?
- Yes, all workshops and lectures are in English
I want to be part of the organization next year, what to do?
- Awesome! We welcome all of you to consider being a member next year to get to know fellow PhDs, learn new skills and enjoy organizing one of the biggest academic events in the country! Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the topic “committee 2019-2020”, including a brief motivation text.